- Farmy operates every Sunday from 8.30am – 1.00pm
- The market is located on Bathurst Street between Murray + Elizabeth Sts
- We are open rain, hail or shine
- Trade commences with the ringing of the farm bell at 8.30am sharp
- The Farmy Grub Hub is open for coffee and breakfast from 8.00am
- Farmy is a dog free market – this includes tying dogs up within the vicinity of the market – so please leave your pooch at home 🙂
- Toilets, including male, female, accessible and a parenting room, are located in the Hobart Central Car Park – access is via the walkway from Bathurst Street
- Hobart Central Car Park is open from 7.45am every Sunday with access via Melville Street
- Card or cash? Most stalls accept both with a small number accepting card only. This will be advertised at point of sale
- ATM’s are located one block away on Liverpool Street
- We are proudly plastic shopping bag free but don’t worry if you forgot your bags, we’ve got plenty of funky jute options for sale at the HQ table in the middle of the market
- If you want to find out who’s at the market each Sunday, simply subscribe to our weekly eflyer on our ‘say hi’ page
Farm Gate Market is underpinned by 3 strict principles in order to ensure our authenticity and ethos is upheld:
- if you can’t eat it, drink it or grow it, you can’t sell it
- everything sold at Farmy must be grown or produced within the geographical boundaries of Tasmania
- only the person who grew, produced or cooked the goods for sale is permitted to sell them
Our Producers are audited onsite at their farm or place of production so that we can learn about their systems and processes and, to ensure that our principles are being maintained.
We are committed to caring for our planet. The market has a long history of developing and implementing environmental policies in order to minimise our footprint.
- we have been, plastic shopping bag free for 11 years!
- all of the packaging used by our street food vendors and coffee stalls is 100% compostable
- all of the packaging for our fresh produce and bakery is now proudly 100% compostable
- our Producers offer a bottle return scheme
Our goal is to be the first plastic free farmers’ market in Australia!